We continue to stress the importance of preventing the spread of infection and share the following information being circulated by healthcare officials:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly.
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider. This remains a dynamic situation and we will update our decisions and recommendations on a regular basis.
CDC guidelines (from the CDC website)
"There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through water in swimming pools." They also that you follow safe swimming practices along with physical distancing and everyday preventative actions to protect yourself.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
NWAL and the Marlins cannot prevent you (or your child(ren)) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in NWAL sanctioned events. It is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in an NWAL sanctioned event, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
BY ATTENDING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AND FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS NWAL AND THE WOODLANDS MARLINS EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIMS INCLUDING FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DISEASE OR PROPERTY LOSSES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE AND GIVE UP ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE TO SEEK DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
The Marlins has taken health and safety measures for the participants, coaches, and volunteers. You must follow all posted instructions while on our property. An inherent risk of COVID-19 exists in any public or private place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By participating in this event you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.