How many laps can you swim? Find out at the 11th Annual Swim-A-Thon!
Who: All Marlins, all age groups
When: Friday, May 28, 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Creekwood Park outdoor pool located at 3383 S Panther Creek Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77381
It’s that time again! Our main fundraiser of the year, the Swim-A-Thon is a fun way for our swimmers and their loved ones to support the Marlins Swim Team.
Swimmers will raise money for the laps they swim to support their team. As an extra bonus, they’ll earn tickets for their laps, and they can have a chance to win raffle prizes!
Our goal is to have each swimmer raise $100. Then at the Swim-A-Thon, we will have a fun and exciting raffle. Swimmers will earn raffle tickets as follows:
1 ticket for every $5 turned in at the Swim-A-Thon:
- You must turn in your donations during the event or in advance in order to receive your tickets. See the Paypal link paypal.me/woodlandsmarlins or use the QR code for paypal or Venmo at the bottom of this form or in your email to send to family and friends!
- You do not need to be present to win. If you turned in raffle prizes in advance, one of the coaches will put your swimmers earned tickets into age and gender appropriate raffles.
1 ticket for the number of laps you swim, depending on your age group:
- 8 and under beginners: 1 ticket per every 2 laps
- 8 and under intermediates: 1 ticket per every 3 laps
- 9&10s: 1 ticket per every 4 laps
- 11&12s: 1 ticket per every 5 laps
- 13 and overs: 1 ticket per every 6 laps
1 ticket for each $5 raffle item donated to the raffle baskets:
Each group will have a raffle basket made with age group appropriate items. We’d love families’ help to make these baskets with a new toy, gift card, etc. You may make donations by purchasing items through our Amazon list here.
- There is a form attached to provide the retail cost of the item brought in so we can reward your swimmer with ticket(s).
- For example, if you turn in a $10 gift card to Build A Bear, your swimmer would be given 2 tickets for this donation at the Swim-A-Thon to put in whatever raffle basket she liked.
- Please have all donations for the raffle baskets purchased from our Amazon list by May 25.
Swimmers will receive a packet with the tickets they have earned at the Swim-A-Thon after completion of their lap swimming.
We will have pizza and drinks provided for the swimmers. We will have extra pizza and drinks available for purchase for parents and siblings as well!
We are still looking for parent volunteers to help gather donations from local companies and help with the setup of the Swim-A-Thon. If you would like to help, please contact Coach Kristi.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Coach Kristi at practice or by email at email@example.com.
Make your donations using PayPal or use the QR code below.