Coaches and Board
We are excited to introduce our coaches. They have many years of experience in developing swimmers, coaching small and large teams, supporting athletes' fitness and encouraging swimmers to have fun!
Head Coach Brandon Becker
Coach Brandon Becker is a 2016 graduate of Sam Houston State University with a bachelors degree in History. After swimming for fifteen years doing club, high school, and summer league, he coached summer league in NWAL for 10 years for Cypresswood Sharks, Heatherwood Hurricanes, and The Marlins as well as coaching at a fundamental swim academy (FINS) teaching swimmers from the ages of 3-78.
He also assistant coached at Plano Senior High School where he helped send seven swimmers to State including a 5th place finish in both the 100 Fly and 100 Breast. He also coaches during the school year at The Woodlands High School College Park swim team.
Coach Jennie coached The Woodlands Swim Team from 2008 to 2018 and came back on deck with the team in Fall 2021. She has coached all levels from National to beginner with this and previous teams, and also developed a learn-to-swim program.
With over 25 years coaching experience here in the Gulf LSC, some of her accomplishments include:
- Named to the ASCA 2008 Fellows Class
- Coached eight Gulf Zones Teams; head coach of the 2007 and 2011 Zones Team and team manager in 2008.
- Coached six Gulf Allstars Teams; head coach of the 2009 Team and team manager in 2011
- Coached two NACC Gulf Teams; head coach of the 2016 team
- Won first place in the Doc Counsilman Creative Coaching competition at the ASCA World Clinic in 2007
- Developed numerous age groupers to Gulf, TAGS and Top 16 Records
- Two-term Age Group Vice Chair for Gulf Swimming 2010-2014
- Secretary for Gulf Swimming 2015-present
- Recipient of Gulf LSC Phillips 66 Outstanding Service Award 2016
- Named to the USA Swimming Diversity and Inclusion National Committee for 2015-present
Jennie has been involved in this sport for a very long time. She began swimming when she was 10 years old, and started coaching summer league while still a swimmer with her high school and summer league teams in Baton Rouge, LA. She went to Louisiana Tech and majored in pre-med before switching to theater. She has numerous commercial voice-over credits in The Woodlands/Spring area. She coached summer league for Shenandoah Sharks for 17 years and helped grow their team from 49 to 300+ swimmers during her tenure as head coach.
Jennie has completed her ASCA Level V testing certifications. She enjoys attending coaching conferences and clinics and bringing what she learns back to her swimmers. She strives to make practices both challenging and creative. Jennie makes a point to take a real interest in each of her swimmers, celebrating their accomplishments not only in the water but on deck and in school. When not coaching, Jennie enjoys family time, movies and music. Jennie and her husband live in Shenandoah, where they raised their four children, all of whom were swimmers (summer league, USA, high school and collegiate level). She is now the biggest cheerleader for her grandchildren!
More Amazing Coaches!
We have several more fantastic coaches helping the team this year. We are going to get their resumes up here very soon!
Marlins Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Clerk of Course (NWAL certification required):